Monday, June 21, 2010

19 WEEKS DOWN, 21 TO GO!

I'm 19 weeks pregnant today! :-) I can't believe how fast this time is passing by! I have been able to feel the baby moving around for a little while now. I'm getting more and more confident of what I'm feeling, and that's good. I'm anxious for the day that Mark can feel the baby, too!

According to www.babycenter.com:
"Your baby's sensory development is exploding! His brain is designating specialized areas for smell, taste, hearing, vision, and touch. Some research suggests that he may be able to hear your voice now, so don't be shy about reading aloud, talking to him, or singing a happy tune if the mood strikes you.

Your baby weighs about 8 1/2 ounces and measures 6 inches, head to bottom — about the size of a large heirloom tomato. His arms and legs are in the right proportions to each other and the rest of his body now. His kidneys continue to make urine and the hair on his scalp is sprouting. A waxy protective coating called the vernix caseosa is forming on his skin to prevent it from pickling in the amniotic fluid."



(photo courtesy of http://www.babycenter.com/)

No comments:

Post a Comment